All things game day: Everything fans need to know about OSU sports on campus

OSU students adorned with cardboard Os and other gear to cheer on the Beaver football team in a game against San Diego State on Sept. 16.
OSU students adorned with cardboard O’s and other gear to cheer on the Beaver football team in a game against San Diego State on Sept. 16.
Jason May

From now until the end of the school year, every week is game week as Oregon State University sports have started. As students return to campus, here is everything you need to know about what to do before and during game days. 

Tickets

Students can claim their free tickets to all home sports, excluding baseball, online at beavertickets.com using their student ID.

Tickets typically are open for claim the Monday morning preceding the game at 9 a.m., and for Monday events they are available the week prior.

With the ticket that students claimed, they can also purchase a plus-one for varying prices depending on the opponent. 

The plus-one ticket can be shared with any individual to join you in the student section. Plus-one tickets may not always be offered and are dependent on how many students claim tickets before it is purchased.

There are no repercussions for students when claimed tickets go unused, but unused tickets can be returned or transferred to another student before the game. 

On game day, students enter Reser Stadium through Gate A in Parker Plaza by the large football sculpture. When entering Gill Coliseum, students will enter through the right-hand side of the ticket office in front of the building. Kelly Field and Paul Lorenz Field use the same entrance for every spectator.   

For baseball games, tickets need to be claimed or purchased at Goss Stadium the day of the game an hour before start at Gate 6, said Director of Marketing and Fan Experience Briana Galvez.

“Goss Stadium is smaller, but we sell out almost every single game. We would hate to have somebody claim a ticket and then not show up,” Galvez said. “So we really want students to be held accountable for those baseball games, especially as we get to those nicer weather games in the springtime.” 

On gameday

“Usually with football, you want to be one of the first people in the portal claiming that ticket. You don’t want to wait for a Wednesday or Thursday a few nights before the game just because they do go fast,” said Jazlyn Romero, program assistant within facilities and event operations.

During game days, there will be signs for different entrances aimed to avoid confusion.

“Gates open an hour and a half before game time, so students can start lining up two hours, three hours prior. Whatever they want. It depends maybe who we’re playing against. That demand might go higher,” Galvez said, regarding when students should arrive at Reser Stadium.

For students and fans hoping to match the theme of the game, look to the Beaver Dam Instagram or X account where the themes and main colors of the game are posted.

An interactive game day map is available for fans that provides updated information regarding the stadium and surrounding areas.  

Parking and construction updates will be made available as well as detailing accessible areas for those who need it. The interactive map is available for all athletic facilities.

Rules

OSU events have a clear bag policy to ensure an efficient entry process. Clear tote bags or small clutches are allowed. For more information regarding bag sizes and what is allowed to be brought into the events visit the Fan Zone section at osubeavers.com.

This year there will be no re-entry into Reser Stadium. Now that there is a 360 concourse around the stadium with resources available all around the stadium, spectators will no longer be able to exit to their tailgate and re-enter the stadium. 

Concessions

Another notable change to events is that all concessions will be cashless. In the case where a spectator only has cash on hand, vouchers can be purchased at the box office for a specified amount that can then be used at a concession stand. 

If vouchers are not used, they can be saved and used at a different game in another venue.

Students of age can purchase alcoholic drinks at concessions, but they can not be brought into the student section. There are spaces available in the stadium to consume alcohol bought only within the stadium before returning to the student section.