Summer intramural sports offer a variety of activities for students

An+illustration+showing+the+various+sports+

Ashton Bisner

An illustration showing the various sports

Riley LeCocq, News Reporter

This summer Oregon State University will continue to offer intramural leagues and tournament options for students throughout summer term. 

All leagues and tournaments are available to all students who attended OSU for a minimum of one term in the 2022-2023 academic year and paid incidental fees. 

Leagues

Sand Volleyball leagues will begin on July 19 running for four to six weeks in total. All games will be held at the Dixon Sand Volleyball courts and are free to join for students.  

These leagues will be offered in doubles with co-rec, men’s and women’s divisions.

Registration for this league will close on July 11 at 6 p.m. 

Four versus four soccer will be offered in an open division (meaning no gender restrictions) with games played every Monday from July 17 to  Aug. 16.

Tournaments 

A spikeball tournament will be held on Saturday July 15 beginning at 11 a.m. on the Peavy Field in co-rec, men’s and women’s divisions. 

Badminton singles tournament will be held Saturday July 22 at 11 a.m. in the Dixon Recreation lower gym, court three. The tournament is offered in men’s and women’s divisions. 

Badminton doubles tournament will also be held on Saturday July 22  in the Dixon Recreation lower gym, court three, but at 1 p.m. The tournament is offered in co-rec, men’s and women’s divisions. 

Three versus three basketball tournament will be held on Saturday July 29 at 11 a.m. in the Dixon Recreation upper gym. The tournament is offered in co-rec, men’s and women’s divisions.

Table tennis singles tournament will be held on Saturday August 5 at 11 a.m. in the Dixon Recreation lower gym, court three. The tournament is offered in men’s and women’s divisions. 

By registering for these tournaments, students agree to pay a $5 fee if they forfeit or no-show.