Corvallis Knights win the Fight

Ed+Knaggs%2C+Corvallis+Knights+associate+head+coach%2C+speaks+to+several+players+during+the+Knights+vs+Drifters+game+on+June+22.+
Kierstin Thompson
Ed Knaggs, Corvallis Knights associate head coach, speaks to several players during the Knights vs Drifters game on June 22.

The Corvallis Knights won last night, 21-4, hosting Cascade Collegiate League at Goss Stadium.

Jackson Flora, starting pitcher for the Knights, kept the Cascades at bay and executed his job to give them a productive five innings for the squad.

According to Jackson Flora, the Knights played with confidence, focusing on their performance rather than the outcome. This paid off, as they not only delivered their best but also witnessed the first home run of the summer off Colyer’s bat.

The Knights maintained the lead for the majority of the game until the latter half when Cascade scored four runs in the eighth inning which chipped their lead to 17-4.

The second and eighth inning helped assure the Knights in route to victory and eliminated any scenario that the Cascades would come back. 

The Knights with this win were announced that they would reach the playoffs. Jackson said “it was a good team win all around.”

The combined efforts of Matthew Gobel, Lucas Casey, and Caleb Debban was all the Knights needed to lead them to their playoff clinching win.

According to Jackson, baseball can be hard when there are long games like this and when trying to stay consistent with making accurate pitches. Still, they hope to keep the momentum going and make consistent good plays by continuing to practice hard and realizing they have more to go for the playoffs.