OSU colleges to hold individual graduation celebrations

Reid Myers
The foyer to the College of Health sits at the entrance of the Women’s Building in Corvallis. The OSU College of Health and ten other colleges within Oregon State host graduation specific events for the upcoming spring Graduation in June 2024.

Correction: This story has been updated with the correct date for the College of Science’s graduation celebration.

Along with the commencement ceremony on June 15, each of the 11 colleges at Oregon State University will hold celebrations for 2024 graduates.

The College of Agriculture celebration will be on June 13 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the LaSells Stewart Center.

The College of Business will hold four separate celebrations, one for each of its majors, all on the Memorial Union Quad on June 14.

• School of Accounting, Finance and Information Systems: 9 a.m.
  • School of Marketing, Analytics and Design: 11:30 a.m.
  • School of Management, Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain and Logistics Management: 2 p.m.
  • Business Administration Major: 4:30 p.m.

The College of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences will have one celebration on June 14 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Student Experience Center Plaza.

According to CEOAS Executive Assistant to the Dean Vikki Porter, the event will “involve recognition of individual student achievements in our five undergraduate programs, as well as recognition of our masters and doctoral candidates, undergraduate and graduate student speakers.”

Porter also said that the celebration will feature CEOAS alum Christine Ervin will be featured as keynote speaker.

The College of Education will hold their ceremony on June 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Memorial Union Ballroom. 

The College of Engineering will be holding five separate celebrations, one for each of its units. The date for all celebrations is June 14 with varying times.

• The School of Nuclear Science and Engineering: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Alumni Center Ballroom.
  • The School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at LaSells Stewart Center and a graduation social from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Alumni Center Patio.
  • The School of Civil and Construction Engineering: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the LaSells Stewart Center and a graduation social from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Alumni Center Patio.
  • The School of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gill Coliseum and a reception from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m at Parker Plaza (in front of Reser Stadium).
  • The School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science: Celebration event: 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Gill Coliseum and a reception from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at Parker Plaza. 

The College of Forestry will be holding its commencement dinner on June 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Forestry Club Cabin in Corvallis.

The College of Health will have four celebrations on June 14. In an email, Director of Marketing and Communications for the College of Health Kathryn Stroppel said each student will be recognized and given a flower and pint glass.

• Exercise, Sport and Health Sciences: 8 a.m. at Milam Auditorium.
  • Public Health: 10 a.m. at Milam Auditorium.
  • Nutrition: 1 p.m. at the Women’s Building Gym.
  • Human Development and Family Sciences: 3 p.m. at the Women’s Building Gym.

The College of Liberal Arts is holding separate celebrations for each of their schools. However, not all of the schools have released their plans as of writing.

• School of Language, Culture and Society: 3:00 p.m. to 5:p.m. on June 14 on the 2nd floor of Waldo Hall
  • School of Psychological Science: 7 p.m. on June 14 at the Learning Innovation Center
  • School of Public Policy: 2 p.m. on June 14 at Patricia Valian Reser Center for the Creative Arts
  • School of Writing, Literature and Film: 2:00 p.m. on June 12 in the Student Experience Center Plaza
  • Marine Studies Initiative: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on June 15 at Bexell Hall

The College of Pharmacy will not only hold an in-house graduation ceremony on June 14 at 1 p.m. at the LaSells Stewart Center, but they will also partake in Oregon Health and Science University’s convocation ceremony on June 2 at 1 p.m. at the Oregon Convention Center.     

The College of Science will hold their celebration on June 14 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. on the Valley Library Quad.

The Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine will be holding their celebration on June 16 at 11 a.m. at the LaSells Stewart Center Austin Auditorium.

According to the college’s Director of Marketing and Communications Jens Odegaard, the ceremony will also be livestreamed on their YouTube channel.