What the hail? Snow strikes Corvallis again

Ashton Bisner

A snowy scene of OSU campus captured on Feb. 26.

Nino Paoli, News Reporter

Another snow flurry began around 3:20 p.m. on Feb. 23, after campus operations were delayed from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. due to morning sub-freezing temperatures and overnight snowfall.

Additional on-and-off snowfall is expected until around 7 p.m., according to Colby Neuman, a meteorologist with the Portland National Weather Service. 

“Accumulation should be relatively light, but you could get upwards of an inch still,” Neuman said. 

Neuman said the night temperature in Corvallis is predicted to be around 17 degrees, which would be the coldest night of the winter. Although the sky is forecasted to be clear after the snow flurries end, Neuman said there is a possibility that the snow will stick. 

“Even if (the snow) doesn’t really stick a whole lot or ends up melting on the roads here over the next hour or two… temperatures are going to fall pretty quickly, once the clouds clear this evening,” Neuman said. “So whatever water is out there is going to freeze.” 

Neuman said people in Corvallis should be prepared for ice on sidewalks, roads, decks, stairwells, and any other place the snow melts.

“Tomorrow morning, if (people in Corvallis) are going to go to school or go to work, definitely be prepared for ice out there,” Neuman said. “And it may not be everywhere… you could potentially drive on your street and be okay, and then turn the corner and all of a sudden there’s a patch of it.”