Best of: Shopping

The Book Bin offers a variety of books from different genres, as well as DVDs and seasonal items.

Sydney Sullivan, News Editor

The Book Bin

Personal notes are hidden inside pages of old, well-loved books. New books line the shelves with  a smell of crisp paper. The environment is peaceful and glimpses of fur passing by between the shelves gives the feel of home. It’s almost hard to remember this home-like place is The Book Bin. 

The Book Bin on Fourth Street in downtown Corvallis is a bookstore with a little bit of everything, according to Sandra Schleicher, manager of The Book Bin. The bookstore has everything from old books to DVDs, with seasonal items coming and going as well. 

“We also have our cat Tess, who is always a big hit when people meet her at the store,” Schleicher said in an email. 

Another great aspect of The Book Bin is that they provide the option of cash or in-store credit to those willing to give up some books, according to Schleicher. This gives students and community members the opportunity to get more cash, or add to their already-existing collection. 

“My favorite part about the Book Bin is new release day—I love seeing all the recent books that have come out, learning about new authors and exploring different genres and subjects,” Schleicher said in an email.

The Book Bin is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Book buying takes place Monday and Thursday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The buying counter is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.