Meet the ASOSU lobbyists: Jacqueline Logsdon

Jacqueline Logsdon started planning and preparing for the Lobby Trip early this year.

Riley Youngman, Editor-in-Chief

Jacqueline Logsdon

• Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Year: 4th
  • Major: Environmental Economics and Policy
  • Title: ASOSU Assistant Director of Government Relations

Logsdon is West Coast through and through. Born in San Diego, she later moved to Seattle in her early teens, and now considers Seattle her home.

This is not Logsdon’s first ASOSU Lobby Trip. She attended the annual journey last year. However, as part of her job with ASOSU, Logsdon was the primary planner for this year’s edition of the trip. Starting in January, she has been working to sort out the details, assemble the lobby team and see the plan through completion.

“I had the opportunity to attend last year as a student and I think what is the most interesting is just meeting with Federal legislators and their aides and really seeing how the government functions,” Logsdon said. “It’s so much more than what the TV show portrays and it is just such a great time to meet and talk with them.”

Beyond the lobby trips, Logsdon is involved with various forms of activism and political action. Starting with phone canvassing and then moving to field canvassing, she has also worked with the Oregon Student Association.

“I have been actively volunteering with ASOSU since the beginning of my junior year and played a key role in the voter registration campaign on campus where I helped to register over 7,000 students here at OSU,” Logsdon said.

One of the issues that Logsdon is most passionate about is sexual assault awareness and prevention on college campuses.

“I personally am very passionate about sexual assault prevention and advocacy and I think that this is an issue that is most definitely applicable to students across Oregon,” Logsdon said.

As the trip organizer and leader of the group, Logsdon hopes that each member of the team is able to have an experience that will be rewarding.

“I really want this trip to be about what the other attendees want to do with our time in D.C. and to ensure that everyone just has a great and enriching time,” Logsdon said.

Logsdon is joined on her sub-lobby group by Ryan Khalife and Luke Bennett.