OSU Community Hall fire extinguished

Community Hall, across from The Valley Library in the northeast corner of campus, was formerly known as Benton Hall. 

The Baro Staff

A fire sprang up and was extinguished early this morning in Oregon State University’s Community Hall, formerly known as Benton Hall. 

According to Fire Prevention Officer Jim Patton, the fire was the result of an external fan malfunctioning. Smoke filtered into the building, triggering the fire alarm. Firefighters were dispatched around 2 a.m, and quickly put out the fire.

Damage is limited to a small square of discoloration on the outside of the building, and building access is no longer limited.

T-Mobile Ad about 5G coverage and value