Best and breakfast

Residents in the Corvallis area looking to get an extra morning boost can visit the top three breakfast restaurants— Shari’s Restaurant and Pies, The Broken Yolk Cafe and McDonalds. 

Shari’s Restaurant and Pies is located on 1117 NW 9th ST and is open 24 hours everyday of the week. Shari’s is well known for their cake shakes, pies and breakfast foods, according to General Manager Dan Grigsby. 

“We’ve been here for 15 or 20 years and one of the neatest things is the students that come in here and patronize our menu,” Grigsby said. “It is no secret that college students love breakfast, even late at night. Having OSU students come in and having OSU near us is really a blessing to us.” 

The Broken Yolk Cafe, sporting the classic mom and pop feel, is located on 119 Southwest 3rd St.. This cafe serves homemade cinnamon rolls, jam and eggceptional creations from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. seven days a week. 

OSU students looking to give their wallet a break can stop by McDonalds for the traditional quick and easy breakfast, located at 2250 NW 9th St. Serving up breakfast food, including pancakes, french toast and hashbrowns McDonalds’ breakfast is served until 10:30 a.m. Students are also able to order from their all-day breakfast menu, offering McMuffins and other classics throughout the day.