League of Women Voters of Corvallis to hold two Know Your City events at Corvallis public library

OMN Creative Team

The League of Women Voters of Corvallis issued a press release on Jan. 8 advertising two “Know Your City” events, which are targeted towards individuals seeking to learn more about city operations like budgeting and transportation.

The first event, Finding Your Voice: Effective Participation in the City Budget Process will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 30 at 6:30 p.m. and is designed to empower participants to provide input in the city budgetary process. The event will host a discussion with City Manager Mark Shepard, City Councilor Tony Cadena and Curtis Wright, former budget commission chair.

This event will take place at the Corvallis Benton County Public Library at 645 NW Monroe Ave. and via Zoom.

The second event, Getting Around Corvallis: Improvements to the City’s Multi-modal Transportation will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 6 at the Corvallis Benton County Public Library and over Zoom as well. This event will cover the city’s plans for Corvallis multi-modal transportation. 

Rory Rowan, Corvallis transportation manager and other department of transportation staff will be present to answer questions.

Zoom information can be found here.

These events are sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Corvallis, Benton County Public Library and the City of Corvallis.

More information can be found on the League of Women Voters of Corvallis website.