CPD arrests three suspects in bias crime assault, including former OSU student

Dylan+Guido%2C+21%2C+%28left%29+arrested+on+the+charges+of+bias+crime+in+the+first+degree+and+assault+in+the+third+degree.+Riley+Westbrooks%2C+21%2C+%28middle%29+arrested+on+the+same+charges%2C+and+are+both+being+held+at+the+Benton+County+Jail.+Kyle+Rackley%2C+%28left%29+was+arrested+on+charges+of+assault+in+the+third+degree.+All+three+suspects+have+posted+bail.+

Photo Courtesy of Benton County Jail

Dylan Guido, 21, (left) arrested on the charges of bias crime in the first degree and assault in the third degree. Riley Westbrooks, 21, (middle) arrested on the same charges, and are both being held at the Benton County Jail. Kyle Rackley, (left) was arrested on charges of assault in the third degree. All three suspects have posted bail.

Sukhjot Sal, News Reporter

Update made Nov. 4 at 6:28 p.m. with bail amounts of all three suspects.

Update made Nov. 5 at 1:48 p.m. with court date and bail info.

Three suspects were arrested on Nov. 4 for allegedly being involved in an assault on Oct. 24 at a convenience store in Corvallis, Ore., according to a news release from the Corvallis Police Department.

The person who was assaulted reported the three suspects also used homophobic and transphobic slurs against her during the incident at the 7-11 located at 746 NW Kings Blvd.

Dylan Guido, a 21-year-old male from Roseburg, Ore. was arrested on one charge of bias crime in the first degree and assault in the third degree. Riley Westbrooks, a 21-year-old male from Myrtle Creek, Ore. was arrested on the same charges. Kyle Rackley, a 22-year-old from Sutherlin, Ore. was arrested on one charge of assault in the third degree.

Guido’s bail is set at $6,000, Westbrook’s bail is set at $12,000 and Rackley’s bail is set at $6,000.

Steve Clark, the Oregon State University vice president of university relations and marketing, confirmed that Guido was an OSU student until May 2020.

“On Nov. 4, 2021, after a thorough and exhaustive investigation, detectives from the CPD traveled to the Roseburg area, arresting the three alleged assailants, bringing them back to Benton County where they were lodged at the Benton County Jail,” the CPD news release stated.

The news release also includes a statement from CPD Chief Nick Hurley. 

“CPD takes all cases of hate and violence seriously and our officers and detectives have been working on this case since it was reported,” Hurley stated. “CPD’s commitment to our community is to conduct professional and impartial investigations recognizing the community’s concern for safety and justice.We extend our thanks to the members of the community who stood up to hate and assisted us in identifying the individuals involved in this case.”

As of the night of Nov. 4, all three suspects posted bail and were released from Benton County Jail. Their court date is set for Nov. 5 at 1:30 p.m.

This is an ongoing story and updates will be posted as the story progresses.