Beavers women’s basketball down the Wolves in an exhibition match

OMN Archives

Talia Von Oelhoffen drives past on Oregon defender in matchup that took place last year in Gill Coliseum on Feb. 11. Oelhoffen led the Beavers in scoring today with a total of 23 points.

The Oregon State women’s basketball team beat the Western Oregon Wolves 82-66 in a pre-season exhibition match on Sunday afternoon at Gill Coliseum in Corvallis.

Division-two Western Oregon put up a good fight against the Beavers and trailed by just ten points entering the fourth quarter.

Redshirt freshman Kiylynn Dawkins led the Wolves with 19 points, while junior guard Cali Mcleve put up 15 of her own.

One of the biggest factors in the game was how the Beavers were able to utilize their size advantage.

Jelena Mitrovic, a 6’9” redshirt-freshman, finished with 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds. On the other side of the court, Western Oregon’s tallest player is 6’2”.

Sophomore guard Talia Von Oelhoffen led the Beavers in the scoring column with 23 points. Sophomore guard AJ Marotte added 19, and forward Jelena Mitrovic had 16 to round out the Beavers’ double-digit scorers.

The Beavers will officially start the 2022-23 season on Monday, November 7th at 5:30 PM when they take on Hawaii in Corvallis.