Games, gamers and gardening are a taste of what’s to come in February

Wes Flow, News Contributor

In 2023’s second month, residents of Corvallis can look forward to more Oregon State University sports, a gaming convention, and opportunities to learn about gardening among other February events both on campus and in the city.

On campus this month, Carmen Thompson will be giving a free lecture on the history of race in America on Feb. 16. The speech, which is being presented by the OSU Center for the Humanities as part of Black History Month, will be held in the Memorial Union’s Horizon Room from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

The Corvallis-Benton County Public Library will be hosting four lectures on gardening in February, with one taking place every Tuesday between noon and 1 p.m. The events are sponsored by the Benton County Master Gardener Association.

Throughout the month, the Corvallis Indoor Winter Market will be held every Saturday, with the market taking place between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Geurber Hall at the Benton County Fairgrounds, according to the Corvallis Indoor Winter Market website.

Advance tickets are still available for C3 GameCon, a gaming convention being held at the Corvallis Community Center. According to the City of Corvallis website, one-day and two-day advance tickets cost $12 and $18 respectively, and are available until Feb. 16.

February will also see the return of Oregon State Baseball, with the Beaver’s 2023 season beginning on Feb. 24. OSU will face Coppin State in the season opener at Goss Stadium on the OSU campus, with the game scheduled to begin at 5:35 p.m., according to the OSU Athletics website. Tickets for this game, and the rest of the 2023 season, will become available on Feb. 6.