OSU shows off the new west side of Reser Stadium at open house event

Sam Nicklous
A nearly finished west side of Reser Stadium seen from the southwest parking lot of Reser Stadium on August 11, 2023. The renovation of the west side of Reser Stadium took 305,000-man hours to complete.

With the $162 million rebuild of Reser Stadium complete, the community will be able to tour the new stadium, Welcome Center, and Health Center on August 19 from 11 am to 1 pm.

Oregon State Athletics and Hoffman Construction Company are pairing to offer the open house, where athletics staff will be available to answer questions, and student-athletes will be signing autographs and meeting fans.

The field will be open with inflatables for the younger patrons who visit the stadium during the event.

The stadium will also be showcasing a nearby installation from artist Ben Butler. The piece reads “INGRAINED,” and from a distance appears to be made from a single slab of wood, but closer inspection reveals that it contains many pieces of reclaimed timber. The piece can be found near the stadium and the new Welcome Center entrance.

The new location of the Welcome Center will include interactive displays for the community and offer a variety of on-campus opportunities for potential new students in the form of campus tours, campus group visits and information sessions.

The Welcome Center will also serve as the lobby for premium ticket holders during football season.

OSU history will be on display within the Welcome Center, including the recent archeological finds from 2016 of 10,000-year-old mammoth bones. Replicas of the Nobel Prizes awarded to scientist and humanitarian Linus Pauling, who attended OSU from 1917 to 1922, will be on display as well.

The Health Center on the east side of the stadium will also be showcasing artwork, focused on the microscopic systems and patterns of the human body, in the first-floor lobby. Student Health and Samaritan professionals will be available to answer questions regarding the new health center.

The open house is open to all OSU students, community members, and any Beaver Football fan.