OSU hosts 3rd annual Part-Time Job Fair

Rida Kauser

Twenty three employers will gather from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Student Experience Center Plaza on Wednesday for the 2023 Part-Time Job Fair.

Oregon State University’s Part-time Job Fair was created in 2021 because of the different schedules and priorities of the many students working while enrolled, according to Elizabeth Simmons, director of External Relations at OSU’s Career Development Center.

“We hope students will get a good idea of the variety of options they have locally,” Simmons said, “and how a part-time job can be a great way to build their skills and help pay for college.”

Employers like University Housing and Dining Services, Boys and Girls Club of Corvallis and OSU Athletics will attend.

“Our last student survey showed that almost half of the students who attended the Part-Time Job Fair got at least one interview or job offer from the fair, and at least one student said they got multiple offers and ended up with two jobs because of this event,” Simmons said.

According to Simmons, employers will be accepting resumes on-site, but bringing them is optional.

“Just come as you are and be open to talking to employers,” Simmons said.

Because it is being held at the SEC, a central location on campus, Simmons said students can stop by on their way to classes to talk to employers.

“It’s a very fun event for us because it is our first job fair of the new year. We are always excited to see all the employers and students making new connections,” Simmons said.