Ducks beat Beavers 31-7 in final PAC-12 Rivalry Game

Jason May

In the 127th Rivalry Game between No. 16 Oregon State Beavers and No. 6 University of Oregon Ducks at Autzen Stadium, the Ducks defeated their in-state rivals by a score of 31-7. 

Oregon State junior quarterback DJ Uiagalelei went on the contest 19/34 throwing the ball for 220 yards in total, throwing one touchdown and one interception. Uiagalelei also had 7 carries and rushed for 13 yards.  Oregon State sophomore running back Damien Martinez finished the night rushing for 38 yards on 13 carries for an average of 2.9 yards per carry. Oregon State redshirt-junior wide receiver Anthony Gould led the Beavers with 85 yards on six receptions.

Oregon State senior safety Kitan Oladapo and Oregon State junior inside-linebacker Easton Masceranas-Arnold led the Beaver defense with 11 tackles each. The team mustered three tackles for loss on the evening, unable to sack UO senior quarterback Bo Nix.

The Ducks scored with the first drive of the game when Nix completed a 14-yard pass to UO junior running back Bucky Irving. Seven minutes later, Nix ran the ball in for a touchdown himself on a 16-yard score with 14:20 left in the second quarter.

The Beavers would score late in the second quarter after a 15-play drive resulted in a nine yard connect between Uiagalelei and Oregon State junior wide receiver Silas Bolden.

A scrambling Nix threw a 41-yard ball to UO junior wide receiver Troy Franklin with :08 in the half. Making one move, Franklin waltzed into the end zone leaving the half time score at Ducks 21-7 Beavers.

The Ducks added 10 more unanswered points in the second half, with a 25 yard field goal by UO senior kicker Camden Lewis, and a touchdown at the beginning of the fourth scored by UO sophomore running back Jordan James.

The Beavers are not finished yet with one more game to go.

College Football Playoff selection committee rankings of the 2023 season will be released on selection day, Dec. 3, and the Beavers will have a postseason destination thereafter.