APASU to host influencer chef

Rida Kauser

The Asian Pacific American Student Union will be hosting TikTok chef Tue Nguyen, known online as TwayDaBae, At their APASU Presents event on March 2.

The APASU Presents event is an annual event meant to highlight a prominent figure in the Asian American and/or Pacific Islander (AAPI) community who will share their life experiences, according to Dylan Phung, APASU’s public relations officer.

The event will take place at Memorial Union in the Horizon Room from 6-8 p.m. with doors opening at 5:30. Tickets are free but you must RSVP on the Oregon State University website or through a link in the bio of the APASU instagram page.

Known for her cooking videos on Vietnamese cuisine on platforms such as TikTok, Tue will be speaking at the event. She started posting cooking videos on TikTok and Youtube in 2020 and since has hosted pop ups the h.wood Group, Family Style Festival, ComplexCon, Madame Vo in NYC, and a sold out pop-up with chef Roy Choi in LA, according to Phung.

Tue is currently host of “Making It Big” on Buzzfeed and has also opened her first restaurant in LA. The restaurant, called ĐiĐi, focuses mainly on authentic Vietnamese cuisine.

There will be snacks, refreshments, and a meet & greet with every ticket for the event.