Corvallis man arrested on trespassing charge at student housing construction site

A male was reported climbing out a window carrying construction items at a student housing building site in Southwest Corvallis and was later arrested.

Michael Eubanks, Crime Beat Reporter

UPDATE: Doran Hans Holman pleaded not guilty to this charge and an additional related charge.

A Corvallis man with a lengthy criminal background was recently arrested for trespassing at a student housing complex currently under construction.

Holman, 50, was found by police on the property of the Sierra Student Housing Apartments site at 960 SW Washington Ave. early in the morning on Feb. 2, according to the Corvallis Police Department log.

An officer arrived at the construction zone at approximately 2:23 a.m. to respond to a report of a trespasser when he witnessed Holman climb out of a window on the bottom floor of the south side of the building.

According to the official arrest log, Holman was found with items from the construction zone in his hands. He was arrested for Criminal Trespass in the second degree and taken to the Benton County Jail.

He was released from jail later in the day and is scheduled to appear in court on February 27 at 1 p.m.

Holman was previously convicted on trespassing charges in 2008, 2012, 2017 and in 2019. He spent seven days in the Benton County jail as a result of his 2017 conviction and spent 25 days there for his 2008 conviction.