Student on the Street: How do you feel about abortion and the new abortion laws?

Natalie Laizure, Marketing Major 

Canon Wright, News Contributor

RAY POCIUS

COMPUTER SCIENCE MAJOR

“I think that abortion should be banned, but I think that women deserve better than abortion, I think women deserve better support than what organizations like Planned Parenthood offer.”

ADDISON MARKWELL

MATHEMATICS MAJOR

“I think that abortion should be banned for sure. It’s murdering an innocent life, and it’s our responsibility to protect them as best we can.”

ZACK LEHMAN

MANAGING MAJOR

“Oregon is doing it the right way. But honestly, I can’t talk because I’m a dude, but if a girl wants to get an abortion, I think that should be her decision of whether she does that or not.”

SARA KURD 

PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR

“I’m sure you are aware of the 11-year-old girl who got raped at a summer camp, and she is basically being forced to have the baby and if they try to take her out of the state to get an abortion, she’ll face time in jail. This is outrageous for a number of reasons: She is 11-years-old, she is not going to be able to carry that baby and support her own life.”

SYDNEY KRAUSE 

Merchandising Major

“Personally I believe it’s a woman’s body and it’s her choice to do whatever she wants with it, it shouldn’t be a political issue.”

SAMMY SUTTON

MARKETING MAJOR

“I just think that what a woman wants to do with her own body is her own choice.”

SADIE GILFORD

PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR

“I think women should have a right to choose what they do with their own bodies, and a bunch of white men that clearly have different opinions should not be making the decisions for us.”

GAGE REDDING

PRE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING MANAGMENT MAJOR 

“I believe that’s a discussion that you and me can’t really have a true opinion on because it’s not our decision. I truly think that someone can decide if they think it’s right or wrong, but when it comes down to it it’s not our body, it’s the woman’s decision.”

NATALIE LAIZURE

MARKETING MAJOR

“I think that a woman’s body is her own choice and that it’s not a political statement. She should be able to do what she desires with her own body.”

ELAH BANKS 

BUSINESS MAJOR

“With the abortion laws that just went down in Alabama, Georgia, I do kind of have a problem with them I feel like it’s kind of an invasion of rights. It’s something women should have the choice to be able to make for themselves.”