Welcome Back, Beavs!

Jason May

Welcome back to campus, Beavers! My name is Katie Livermore, and I’m the Editor-in-Chief for what we call “The Baro,” (that’s bear-oh), OSU’s student newspaper. Our aim is to deliver independent news, uplifting and sharing diverse student and community voices to keep you informed of what’s happening on and off campus. 

This year, as you may have noticed already, we are taking a themed approach to our print issues to explore topics that deliver curated news involving student voices. You’re holding in your hands the “Back to School” issue, built for every type of student: new, returning, transfer, international, non-traditional and more. Consider this issue your support guide entering the new academic year. These story ideas were brought to you from experienced writers who share a student voice who care about our community just like you. 

We have new projects underway to bring you the diverse, unbiased news to keep you up to date on campus. To keep up and interact with news, follow our social media platforms on Instagram, X and Facebook (@thedailybaro) and read stories online (dailybarometer.orangemedianetwork.com). We encourage you to submit your own news tips under the “submit a news tip” tab under the “about” on our website. 

This paper is yours, Beavers: we’re here to shine a light on news near you!