Healthy Aging Club to hold Thank A Vet card-making event

Stephanie Kutcher
The entrance to the Memorial Union Veterans Lounge displays the five branches of the military inside the U.S. Pentagon. 

Serving in the military is a huge commitment and sacrifice, especially when sometimes you truly don’t know when you will be home again. Perhaps it’s crossed your mind to say thank you to someone who has served, but you don’t know where to start or where to go.

Not to worry, you can do just that while on Oregon State University’s campus. The Healthy Aging Club is holding the Thank A Vet event that allows students to make personalized cards for veterans.

This year, the Thank A Vet event will be taking place for two days in the Student Experience Center plaza: Nov. 8 from 11-3:30 p.m. and Nov. 9 from 9:30-11:45 a.m. On both days there will be snacks and candy provided.

Thank A Vet is an event that the Healthy Aging Club organizes every year. Louisa Ramirez, president of the Healthy Aging Club, said, “there will be supplies to make 143 personally addressed cards for veteran residents at the Oregon Veterans Home in Lebanon.”

The cards will be hand delivered by members of the Healthy Aging Club on Nov. 12 in the afternoon.